I was sick last Monday and didn't write a "What We Ate" post so you're getting two week's worth of menus this time.
Looking back, I see that we've been eating pretty high off the hog (for us) recently. I had a restaurant meal one night and we enjoyed an amazing dinner cooked for us by our daughter and son-in-law. 'Tis the season, right?
I've also been doing a lot of baking for my posts on A Word For Aunt B. The baking is a bonus for us, because it's paid for out of my blogging budget so we're enjoying treats that wouldn't normally be provided for in our grocery budget. (Well, my fella is anyway. I've been pretty good about keeping out of the cookie tins. :)
Here's what we ate:
Monday, November 26:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal and applesauce
- Supper - Broiled basa filets topped with homemade pesto, sauteed red and yellow bell peppers with herbs and onions, brown rice, and some delicious cheesecake made by my friend Laurel
Tuesday, November 27:
- Breakfast - Poached eggs, wholewheat toast, oranges
- Supper - Grilled sirloin with matire d' butter, steamed broccoli, carrots and bell pepper, mashed potatoes, apples
Wednesday, November 28:
- Breakfast - Canned peaches and homemade Greek style yogurt
- Supper - Home canned vegetable soup, left coast crackers, cheddar cheese, and applesauce spice cake from the freezer
Thursday, November 29:
- Breakfast - Cranberry orange muffins, cream cheese
- Supper - Dinner out for me, boiled eggs and toast for my fella
Friday, November 30:
- Breakfast - Peanut butter, marmalade and raisin sandwiches on whole wheat toast
- Supper - Pumpkin and cheddar mac'n'cheese, green bean and onion salad with honey mustard vinaigrette, brown sugar poundcake
Saturday, December 1:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal and canned peaches
- Supper - (cooked by our daughter and son-in-law) pork roast, gravy, roast potatoes, steamed carrots, purple and orange cauliflower, cheese sauce, cookies
Sunday, December 2:
- Breakfast - Nothing for me. My fella had granola and applesauce
- Supper - Tea and toast for me. Leftover mac'n'cheese and salad for my guy.
Monday, December 3:
- Breakfast - Tea and toasted homemade white bread for me. Toast with peanut butter, and an orange for my fella.
- Supper - Nothing for me. My guy had a fried egg sandwich, and some white bean soup from the pantry
Tuesday, December 4:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, and homemade Greek yogurt
- Supper - Poached chicken breasts, steamed white rice, steamed carrots, and vanilla ice cream.
Wednesday, December 5:
- Breakfast - Poached eggs and toasted English muffins, oranges
- Supper - Baked potato soup garnished with chopped green onions and some homemade Greek style yogurt
Thursday, December 6:
- Breakfast - Pears canned in brown sugar syrup with ginger, homemade Greek style yogurt
- Supper - Weisswurst, sauerkraut, boiled potatoes, roasted butternut squash, apple crisp
Friday, December 7:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal with leftover canned pears from Thursday
- Supper - Egg salad sandwiches on homemade white bread, carrot sticks, celery sticks, leftover apple crisp from Thursday
Saturday, December 8:
- Breakfast - Cheese grits and scrambled eggs
- Supper - I was cooking all day for my blogs so we nibbled all day long. We decided to skip supper.
Sunday, December 9:
- Breakfast - Buttermilk pancakes topped with home canned cherries
- Supper - Slow cooker pork ribs, sneaky veggie ramen (recipes coming soon), assorted cookies