I don't know if you've noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately, but I haven't made many posts. There's been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes here at Aunt B's and, always, friends and family come first.
Those same considerations have kept me out of the kitchen more than is the norm at our house, and my absence has led to some changes in our menus. My fella's been picking up as much of the kitchen duty as he can - so we are eating more meat than usual - and we've increased our restaurant allowance to allow for an extra meal or two out each month until things settle down to normal once again. (I'm very thankful that there's enough leeway in the budget to allow for this.)
Here's what we ate last week:
Monday, April 15:
- Breakfast - Boiled eggs, multigrain toast, oranges
- Supper - My Big Fat Twice Baked Greek Potatoes (recipe coming soon), roasted broccoli and carrots, warm gingerbread with lemon sauce.
Tuesday, April 16:
- Breakfast - Leftover gingerbread (reheated) topped with home canned peaches and homemade yogurt
- Supper - Homemade iced tea, salmon salad sandwiches garnished with red onion, cucumber and pea shoots and served on onion buns, carrot and celery sticks, apples
Wednesday, April 17:
- Breakfast - Pear slices and brie
- Supper - Ham and eggs (fried for my fella, poached for me), multigrain toast, roasted tomatoes, homemade yogurt and applesauce
Thursday, April 18:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal and applesauce
- Supper - Roast beef, roasted potatoes, carrots and cabbage, Yorkshire puddings, gravy, rhubarb and apple crisp
Friday, April 19:
- Breakfast - Leftover rhubarb and apple crisp
- Supper - Beef samosas adapted from a recipe by Roti n Rice, beetroot poriyal from a recipe by Chow and Chatter, garlic naan from a recipe by Veg Recipes of India, mangoes macerated in sugar and lemon juice and topped with homemade yogurt.
Saturday, April 20:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal topped with leftover mango and yogurt from Friday night
- Lunch (Our big meal of the day, instead of supper, eaten at a restaurant) - Cod and chips, chocolate explosion cheesecake. (We split a single order of each between us.)
Sunday, April 21:
- Breakfast - Poached eggs, whole wheat English muffins, oranges
- Supper - Beef barley soup, toasted lettuce, onion, and tomato sandwiches on toasted whole wheat bread.