Thursday 8 December 2011

I've Got Mail!



My friend Ann Andersen sent me an email today, describing a wonderful dish she'd made.  She's kindly consented to let me share the recipe.  It sounds wonderful.

Here's Ann's email:


"Beth, I am so excited about a meal I made last night I had to share it with you! The day before, I had put together my favourite combined flavours - crispy bacon, red peppers quartered and roasted in some of the bacon fat; added chopped garlic for 30 seconds; added chopped tomatoes for a few minutes. I had some left over from that meal and thought about the white beans I had frozen earlier on your advice and the fasolada I used to enjoy so much at Bravo's. So I put the leftovers and beans into a pot, added a vegetable cube, a bit of water, chopped carrot, onion, celery, a tub of chopped frozen tomatoes from Ingrid's garden and plenty of dried oregano. It was a delicious taste of Greece - on a budget. I should mention that the celery was also frozen, left over from a veggie tray earlier in the fall...I simmered the whole thing for about 20 - 25 minutes to combine the flavours!"


Thanks, Ann, for taking the time to tell me about this.  I can't wait to try it myself.

No comments: