I feel like we’ve been living the high life. I was fortunate enough to find a couple of really good specials last week that allowed us to enjoy some treats. Brie and a rib steak all in one week! I love it when that happens!
Here’s what we ate:
- Breakfast Johnny Cake and stewed rhubarb
- Supper - Grilled brie and apple sandwiches on Caramelized Onion Bread, coleslaw with cider vinegar dressing, canned pears.
- Breakfast - Cottage cheese and mandarin oranges
- Supper - Grilled rib steak, Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage, oven fries.
- Breakfast - Carrot Zucchini Muffins, applesauce
- Supper - Borscht, sandwiches made with sliced, leftover steak and horseradish mustard on toasted caramelized onion bread, parfaits made with yogurt and stewed rhubarb.
- Breakfast - Orange and currant scones , applesauce
- Supper – Mushroom and cheddar omelettes, white bean ragout from the freezer, canned peaches
- Breakfast – Oatmeal, mandarin oranges
- Supper – Red beans and rice, lettuce, red onion, and shredded carrot salad with honey mustard vinaigrette, baked apples with Ginger Crinkle Cookie streusel.
- Breakfast – Cheddar Bacon Biscuits, sliced tomatoes
- Supper – Rotisserie chicken, mashed carrots and rutabaga, brown rice, Gingerbread from the freezer, topped with warm applesauce
- Breakfast – Cottage cheese and apple slices
- Supper – Spinach and mushroom salad topped with sliced chicken breast from leftover from Saturday’s rotisserie chicken, homemade ranch dressing, mandarin oranges.
Image: Handwritten menu from March 13, 1908