Last week was a busy one for us, and it shows in our menus. I went for quick and easy several nights in a row.
It can be a challenge to put a nutritious meal on the table when you're on the run. I'm very grateful for jars on the pantry shelf and pre-cooked dishes from the freezer.
I'm also grateful for steak, which is fast to cook and oh-so-tasty. We had a steak dinner mid-week; a big treat for both of us.
Here's what we ate last week.
Monday, Feb. 4:
- Breakfast - Applesauce bran muffins, sliced cheddar
- Supper - Lentil sloppy joes on homemade burger buns, The Shiksa's pickle slaw, canned pears.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5:
- Breakfast - Homemade granola, homemade yogurt
- Supper - Bratwurst (from the freezer), red cabbage sauerkraut, steamed carrots, rice pudding
- Wednesday, Feb. 6:
- Breakfast: Carrot zucchini muffins, brie
- Supper: Turkey salad sandwiches (turkey breast from the freezer with celery, red onion, chopped homemade bread and butter pickles, homemade mayonnaise on whole wheat bread) beetski salad, an orange for me and leftover rice pudding for my fella.
- Thursday, Feb. 7:
- Breakfast: Grilled apple and cheddar sandwiches on whole wheat bread
- Supper: Rib eye steak, steamed chard, veggie fried rice, tomatoes, Bara Brith (Welsh tea cake)
- Friday, Feb. 8:
- Breakfast: Slow cooker oatmeal
- Supper: Home canned tomato vegetable soup, cornmeal dumplings, leftover Bara Brith
- Saturday, Feb. 9:
- Breakfast: Homemade yogurt and canned peaches
- Supper: Spinach, tomato, and cheddar frittata, roasted potatoes, orange sorbet
- Sunday, Feb. 10:
- Breakfast - Boiled egg and toasted slow cooker bread (recipe coming soon)
- Supper - Tacsagne - a taco lasagna- (recipe coming soon), salad of pea shoots, shredded carrot, shredded radish and homemade ranch dressing, chocolate pudding cake